[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>, Thomas Hertz <thomas at hz dot se>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] nice, somewhat easy to implement features [IMO]
 Date:  Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:10:06 -0700
At 10:49 AM 10/19/2003 -0400, Christopher M. Iarocci wrote:
>I also use IPCop, which is a similar firewall based on RH Linux 7.3 and
>IPTables.  It has SSH access, and it has come in handy on MANY
>occassions.  Sure, it's quite a big bigger image than m0n0wall (about
>20MB), but it also has more features.  Besides, who can't afford 20MB?

Well, the problem is that the 20MB has to come out of the executable RAM,
since the CF (or CD-ROM) image is unpacked into a memory drive.  The
biggest RAM configuration for the net4501 is 64MB.  If you had the 32MB
version, you wouldn't have enough memory left for the kernel to run in.

But I'm sure you are welcome to build your own image with the features
you'd like.  Let us know how it works out.

          -crl
   Eldorado
Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite