[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "ACE" <aceofsnett at cox dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Trouble with Monowall
 Date:  Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:17:05 -0400
Hello - I have monowall setup on a machine, and everything on the lan side works fine. I can login,
administer various functions, the dhcp server works correctly, etc. However, on the wan side (cable
modem, courtesty of Cox) I am unable to access the internet, or to even ping any remote addresses.
Now monowall is unable even to pull an ip for the wan side. I tried inputting my isp's dns server
manually, and using my isp's hostname (cox.net), but to no avail. Im sure Im missing some simple
configuration here - but in the meantime I have a useless dhcp server doing nothing. Please Help.