[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Radoslaw Krupa" <aeon at tech dot us dot edu dot pl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Cheaper solution than Soekris?
 Date:  Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:24:11 +0200

It's still big bucks :(

Looking for simple and cheap, sub 200 USD solution for sharing adsl.
Yes, I can use old machines, thin clients etc but looking for something new
(less susceptible for damage) and small and quiet.

> Only supports a single NIC though - but has a low profile PCI
> slot - can add
> another 2 that way or can add them through USB 2.0.

One can also use dual or quadro ports cards (3com o D-link)

> So if you added comparable features to the soekris (extra
> nics and so on)
> would be about twice the price, but it's also 10x the speed right?
>
> What I need is a cheap source of flash & IDE flash converters
> which ships to
> Canada.

Look at ebay - I found CF to IDE converter for as low as 17 USD. Also a lot
of cheap CF cards can be found there.

> A 20GB Hard Disk is about $135 (102 USD) (for estimations
> sake I included a
> storage budget in the above system).
>
> Considering it's 2GHz, I haven't found a better option yet.
>
> Case is 9" x 9" x 3".
>
> I had a friend create mounting brackets to put them on walls for me.
>
> cheers.
>
> m/

Thanks

AeoN