[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Greg Sims" <greg underscore sims at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IPSEC from Dial-Up
 Date:  Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:49:26 -0700
I need to configure m0n0wall so we can access the router while we're on the
road using a dial-up account.  We would like to use IPSEC to provide a
secure connection into the router.  Is this possible?

The WAN interface of the router is configured on a static-public ip address.
This end should be easy to configure.  The dial-up end of the connection
assigns an IP Address when the call connects.  Different dial-up ISPs use
different address ranges and gateway addresses.  Given this, I need to
understand how to configure the following couple of fields in m0n0wall:

	Remote Subnet: ??
	Remote Gateway: ??

Any help would be appreciated!  Greg