[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Michael Sierchio <kudzu at tenebras dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cheaper solution than Soekris?
 Date:  Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:58:40 -0700
At 02:17 PM 10/21/2003, Michael Sierchio wrote:
>I own a few net4501s which I use as firewalls and IDS sensors.  The
>net4801 has a miniATA connector right there on the motherboard, and the
>case was designed to accomodate the 2.5" drive using the supplied mounting
>kit -- which it does, unless you power it up ;-)  I call it a defective
>design.

Hmmm...  Mine does not have any mounting hardware in the empty space on the
left.  Of course, it's pretty old.  I understood they changed the box so
that when the top was off, you could remove the CF card.  In mine, you also
have to unscrew the board.  I just thought the space was for any PCI card
you might add.

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --