[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "'Lasse Laurila'" <lasse at timehouse dot fi>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Salvaging configuration in the case of broken config floppy
 Date:  Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:15:31 -0400
If you could get into the WebGUI, you should be able to use the
backup/restore under Diagnostics. This will allow you to download the
config.xml to your workstation, then copy to a new diskette.

But, that does not help because you cannot login.

How much of the config do you remember? You may want to set up a second
machine using a CD and floppy. You will need to use the same version you are
running in production box. Try to set  everything as close to the original
as you can remember: Passwords, IPs, rules, etc. Then put the floppy in the
production box.

Do you know if the floppy drive in the production box is damaged? Or is it
just dirty...

Does anyone have a better idea?

Hope this helps...

James W. McKeand