[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 To:  kenny dot carlsson at ggp dash group dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FreeBSD 5.x
 Date:  Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:30:40 -0700
If memory serves me right, kenny dot carlsson at ggp dash group dot com wrote:
> Just a short info for people asking for functions in FreeBSD 5.x to be
> ported into m0n0wall.
>
> The release schedule for FreeBSD 5.3 can be found on the following URL:
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/schedule.html
> This release will be considered to "be the first 5-STABLE release". This
> probably/hopefully means that m0n0wall will be ported to the 5.3 release
> eventually.

I don't think there is necessarily a causal relationship between your
last two sentences, but in any case, I just wanted to point out that...

> Btw, quoting the URL, the release is set to be on 3 Oct 2004.

You should probably also refer people to:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/releng/

...in which it's pointed out that release dates are subject to
schedule slippage.

Cheers,

Bruce.