[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  bkhl at elektrubadur dot se (=?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rn_Lindstr=F6m?=)
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Strange network problems
 Date:  Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:52:36 +0200
Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> writes:

> Ah, yes.  Since this is a temporary use, 3CSyslog will be easy to get
> up and running.  Info in the Users Guide:
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/ref-logging.html

Since I've got FreeBSD (4.9) on my workstation, I'd be happier for a
receipt for getting syslogd to do the logging.

I've tried to put this at the end of syslog.conf:

+calliope
*.*     /var/log/m0n0wall.log

(The host name of the m0n0wall box is calliope.)

and giving syslogd the flags:

-s -a 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0

(also I've turned on all kinds logging to this machine in the m0n0wall
web interface, obviously)

I don't get anything in either m0n0wall.log, or in /var/log/messages.

Thanks for all the help, by the way.