[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at acm dot org>
 Cc:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>, Ganbold <ganbold at micom dot mng dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: FreeBSD 5.x
 Date:  Tue, 21 Sep 2004 06:10:13 +0800
On 19/09/2004 01:02 Bruce A. Mah said the following:
> different VLANs on the single Ethernet port.  So I set up a couple of
> VLANs on a m0n0wall box and turned on captive portal support for the
> VLAN corresponding to the guest network.  As Emeril Lagasse would say,
> *BAM!*

now that's real cool. i'd never experimented with using VLANs together with
the captive portal. however, i would support manuel's assertion that it's
much, much better to get a good external AP and then use that for the
802.11 needs. hostap just doesn't cut it for me either, and i've had
varying levels of frustration with it.