[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Justin Ellison" <justin at techadvise dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  AW: [m0n0wall] traffic shaper: TOS: Which flags specify "expeditedforwarding"?
 Date:  Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:31:52 +0200
It is possible to set rules in the webgui, that has more than one ToS-flag. The question is, if
these rules are accepted and are working. Then it would be easy to set a rule like "if reliable AND
throughput AND..." then put in queue with weight 90. Capture everything else queue with weight 10.
This would provide an "out of the box" solution for every VoIP-System, that uses DiffServ,
regardless which special ports are used or whatever. I know, that I could do it with rules based on
UDP ports or source or destination. I already did it, but some more complex configurations aren´t
that simple to create on these criteria. Would be great, if DiffServ could be used...

If it´s not supported yet, is there a plan to implement it in further versions? It would make the
m0n0 to a even more better VoIP-Router as it already is.