[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  "'CARL dot P dot HIRSCH at sargentlundy dot com'" <CARL dot P dot HIRSCH at sargentlundy dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Blocking WebGUI on LAN interface (editing default firewall rule)
 Date:  Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:59:10 +0100
Hi Carl,

I am not aware that the default rule on the LAN interface is any different
to user configured rules. From my experimentation on v1.1 it is fully
editable like any other rule. If it doesn't do what you require you can
simply edit or delete it.

One way to solve your problem would be to leave the rule in place and create
a couple of rules above it to explicitly block HTTPS TCP connections from
your LAN subnet to both the LAN and the WAN interface IPs. 'LAN subnet ->
Any' literally means just that including your WAN interface IP.

JET PRESS LIMITED
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HW
UK

Web:	www.jetpress.com
Tel:	+44-1623-551 800
Fax: 	+44-1623-551 175

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential.  The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JET PRESS LIMITED.