[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Andrew Greenwood <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wicontrol transmission power patch
 Date:  Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:53:56 +0800
On 13/09/2004 21:43 Andrew Greenwood said the following:
> There's a patch here that appears to allow the user control over the
> transmission power of wireless cards via wicontrol:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-September/011373.html
>
> It seems fairly old (about a year or so) but it looks useful for situations
> where a combination of card and antenna end up going a bit over the legal
> limit :/

the patch is for -CURRENT (i.e. the 5.x branch) and is not for the 4.10
branch which m0n0 1.1 is based on. however, i have ported the patch over to
compile cleanly on 4.10 and will be sending the resulting wicontrol binary
over to you in private email. you could use m0n0wall's exec.php to copy it
into /usr/sbin on the m0n0wall and test it there.

testing it with my lucent orinoco silver showed that the orinoco silver
didnt have the xmit power registers which the patch to wicontrol was trying
to read/write. don't know if it'll work on your card.