[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 Cc:  Bernie Kucharski <bkucharski at defiantracing dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall embedded with RADIUS Server
 Date:  Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:29:15 +0800
On 13/09/2004 14:57 Mitch (WebCob) said the following:
> If you aren't already... please read the Re: [m0n0wall] External
> Authentication thread...

thanx, i will. i've been a little busy over the last couple of weeks, and
though i've received every email on this list, i now need to sort thru
close to a 1000 emails to catch up on the happennings.

> I thought you might be considering this... though I'd leave the max entries
> as a config variable... I've seen people use basic auth in text files for
> hundreds of users... it is still simpler than Radius, particularly for those

which is exactly what i think should be prevented. as the username/password
pairs will be stored within config.xml, there needs to be a realistic limit
on this. additionally, as has been pointed out, i dont think m0n0 should be
a holder for tens or hundreds of captive portal accounts. there's the
RADIUS support to handle that. for small number of users though, the
overheads of setting up RADIUS may not make sense, hence the ability to
support about 16 users. of course, someone modifying the m0n0 source could
bump this number up, but then i'd expect that someone to know what they
were doing when they did that.