[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Jeff Lorenzini" <jlorenzini at stratacare dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Can't get the web interface to work
 Date:  Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:47:10 -0700

I downloaded and installed the latest CD-ROM version of m0n0wall, but I
was pretty much hosed right from the start.

I specified my LAN card, set the subnet mask, assigned an IP, but when I
try and bring up the web interface from another machine it doesn't
respond. Also, ping shows no response.

I've got a straightforward LAN, all on 192.168.0.x with
subnet. FreeBSD recognizes the LAN adapters (I've tried three different
ones), shows (up) by the LAN adapter even. But no web interface. I'm
going to to bring it up, in my specific case.
Automatic configuration fails, though.

Anybody have any ideas? I've tried m0n0wall on two machines and three
adapters, as well as two different 10/100/1000 switches, so I'm pretty
much giving up at this point.

Maybe I'll try running a crossover between a machine and the m0n0wall
computer, to see if I can access it that way. Other than that, I'm

_/eff lorenzini
a certified industry figure since 1996