[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Dinesh Nair" <dinesh at alphaque dot com>, "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 Cc:  "Bernie Kucharski" <bkucharski at defiantracing dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall embedded with RADIUS Server
 Date:  Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:52:10 -0700
> i guess i feel a responsibility to not make it easy for people to shoot
> themselves in the foot. i've uploaded a huge (and i mean really
> huge) html
> page for the captive portal html and ended up hanging gvim when
> i've tried
> to edit it by hand. :)

Hey if it's going to break stuff I can support your decision... but I'm
curious why our platform is so easily broken compared to commercial
alternatives then, and if we should force single location installs to set up
a separate physical machine or resort to hacking.

Other commercial solutions have limits in the hundreds - not 16, so I think
we are "shooting the platform in the foot" to cripple it in a feature to
feature comparison with other products unless nessecary.

m/