[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'Sergey Velikanov [UzPAK]'" <vgray at uzpak dot uz>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] No link UP
 Date:  Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:57:10 -0400
I have seen this before, I think the interfaces are initially shown as sis#,
until you run the Interface assignment. Then, the

I have also seen the auto-detection work only when you boot with no
interfaces connected. (This assumes that you have at least *TWO NICS* in
your m0n0wall box)

1) Boot with no cables connected to your NICs.
2) From console setup: hit 1 (Interfaces: assign network ports) - you should
get a list of your NICs with MAC addresses.
3) Hit "n" for no VLANs.
4) Connect the cable to the NIC you want to be the LAN interface.
5) Hit "a" for auto-detection. The NIC you just connected should be detected
and assigned as LAN.
6) Connect the cable to the NIC you want to be the WAN interface.
7) Hit "a" for auto-detection. The NIC you just connected should be detected
and assigned as WAN.
8) If you have any OPT interfaces, repeat #6 and #7. OR press return to exit
the assignment
9) From a workstation on you LAN, connect to WebGUI at http://<LANIP> ... I
think you can take it from here...

If I am wrong, someone correct me.