[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] upload problem
 Date:  Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:21:54 +0200
-------- Original Message --------

> Hi,
>
> beter subject is "problem with uploaded files after m0n0 restart"...
> I made my own php script for some special action. When I upload it via
> exec.php, copy it from temp tu current dir, all is OK and script is
> functional.
> But after m0n0 restart my script is not there :-(
> Where is my mistake?

No mistake, you just have to figure the following:

m0n0wall uses a Memory File System which is populated (loaded) on every
boot. Only the config file gets written on the CF card or the diskette
(CD-ROM version). So, every modification on a running system is lost
after a reboot.

This is the reason why if you need to make your changes persistent, you
have to modify the "stock" m0n0wall image and then rebuild it.

Take a look at the hacker guide ( http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/hack/ ) or the
document by Michael Iedema at http://www.michael-i.com/?s=Presentations .

-- Vincent