[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Ron Rosson <ron at oneinsane dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] My Outstanding issues
 Date:  Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:43:04 -0400
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:11:57 -0700, Ron Rosson <ron at oneinsane dot net> wrote:
> Here is a short list of things I have issues with my m0n0wall 1.1 setup.
>
>     1. When making a connection to a Nortel Connectivity Switch (VPN
>        Concentrator) I get connected but the routing never happens correctly.

I'm not familiar with Nortel VPN's specifically, but on some VPN
devices I've worked with, there is a configuration option for NAT
traversal that must be enabled for the VPN client to work behind NAT
on the remote side.

I've experienced symptoms exactly as you describe with a Cisco VPN
client to a PIX firewall.  On the PIX, entering the command "isakmp
nat-traversal" fixes that.  My guess is Nortel has something
equivalent, or at least that's where I'd start searching.

-Chris