[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dennis Hoshield" <dhosh at gaslightmedia dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Dual Bridging
 Date:  Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:19:02 -0500
I thought I have seen this in the lists before, but haven't found it again,
now that I'm looking to implement it....

Can multiple interfaces be bridges to a single interface?  i.e. wireless to
a single WAN?

All I really need is to bridge the 2 wireless togeather, but when I do that,
I get a stream of errors on the console, and appears to pretty much lock the
router up.  A previous list entry mentioned problems briding one interface
to another that didn't have an IP address on it.

We have a customer with their own authentication box, that issues IP
addresses via DHCP.  They want to put a number of access points around their
property, interconnected with wireless (impractical to run cable). Seems
like this would be pretty simple, but I've run into the above problems,
depending on how I tried it.

Thanks,
Dennis