[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tomas Florian" <tflorian at telus dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal Setup Documention
 Date:  Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:47:41 -0600
Hello,

I am having trouble locating documentation to setup a captive portal.  So I
just tried based on what I understand captive portal to be.

- I turned it on for LAN
- Turned on DHCP for LAN
- Turned on proxy DNS for LAN
- Did not fill anything in for Radius
- Rebooted my monowall

So then I went to my web browser expecting to see some kind of a "access
denied portal page" whenever I went to any page other than my monowall.

I don't get any such page .. it just times out.

Am I missing something here?  I also tried allowing passthrough MAC for my
computer, but I could not pass through (time out).  Then I tried uploading
my own portal page, and still nothing.

Thanks,
Tomas