[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Lagreca <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 To:  Monowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Soekris vs. WRAP and other m0n0 hardware solutions...
 Date:  Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:06:17 -0700
I am looking at buying a hardware solution for my m0n0wall.  I have
been comparing Soekris vs. WRAP and wanted to know what other people
thought.

The qualities I am looking for are:
Silent, no moving parts
Low heat
Low cost
Small size
Minimum 3 NIC ports

The WRAP boards are quite a bit cheaper for the hardware you get, so
I'm wondering why so many people continue to go with Soekris?  Is one
more reliable than the other?

What other low cost solutions have people come up with?  I've heard of
some people using Nokia IP110 and 120 devices.

Your input is appreciated.  Thank you!

Joe