[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  Dennis <dh at hinet dot dk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple subnets on the LAN interface
 Date:  Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:20:28 -0700
Dennis,

> I have 4 subnets on my LAN interface, so I am unfortanly not able to use
> m0n0wall in our production enviroment (m0n0wall firewall rules management
> etc.). Are there any upcoming plans to implement this feature, so it is
> possible to have more than one subnet on the LAN interface?

I haven't necessarily played with this feature yet, but I think you
can use m0n0's VLAN capability to do some trunking and support the 4
subnets that you have by putting a managed switch that supports the
VLAN trunking.

See http://m0n0.ch/wall/hardware.php for the list of cards that will
do VLANing in m0n0.

An alternative to that is to just stick 4 NIC cards on the m0n0 and go
from there ;)

/sylikc