[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Lagreca <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 To:  Dennis <dh at hinet dot dk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple subnets on the LAN interface
 Date:  Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:11:17 -0700
I'm not exactly sure if this is what you are looking for, but I'll
give it a shot.  You can add something like this:

<shellcmd>ifconfig xl2 alias 10.0.0.1/24</shellcmd>

within your <system> </system> tags of the config file to alias other
subnet addresses to your physical cards.

I have used this technique (compliments to Fred Wright for showing me
this a while back) to allow multiple subnets on a NIC.

It works for me, however I have to warn you, there is no real security
between the subnets.

Joe
aka Halogen8