[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kristinn Soffanias Runarsson <soffi at tsc dot is>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Defining additional router/gateway in dhcp
 Date:  Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:20:02 +0000
Hi... I'm running the Captive Portal function for many wireless clients
here.

Although some of my customers want static/public IP's. the rest have
been  *very* happy with my companys new service using the Captive Portal.

My idea was for the customers that want a static IP and metered usage to
assign them addresses using hardware addresses in the dhcp config, that
ain't no problem at all..

BUT...

For metered usage I have to make those customers use another gateway
(which is in the same subnet as all wireless/captive portal clients).

Is there any way to assign them addresses with another gateway address
than those of the regular captive portal users?   I don't even know if
isc-dhcp supports this in the config (putting option-routers inside a
host/mac definition).

Best regards from Iceland,
soffi