[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  Monowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris vs. WRAP and other m0n0 hardware solutions...
 Date:  Fri, 24 Sep 2004 01:29:59 +0200
Hallo Joe,

Joe Lagreca schrieb am 23. September 2004:

>The WRAP boards are quite a bit cheaper for the hardware you get, so
>I'm wondering why so many people continue to go with Soekris?

I _wanted_ to get a WRAP, firstly because of the horrible greenish
color of the Soekris, secondly because vpn1411 cryptocard works much
better with WRAP.

Still ended up with ugly greenish Soekris. It's quite simple: have you
ever tried understanding the pcengines.ch order-form? What to order,
which CF-adapter, etc.?

They obviously do not want to sell.

Kind regards   Frederick

P.S.: Small, noiseless, 3 NICs and low power-consumption are the same
on WRAP and Soekris.