[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Banny Chu <banny at hktnc dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN Problem help !!
 Date:  Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:33:06 -0400
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:55:02 +0800, Banny Chu <banny at hktnc dot com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> After i setup the vpn tunnel, i shows it is connected but i can't get
> into the nextwork on the other side, i use 2 monowall to form this vpn
> and already setp a firewall rule "allow 192.168.x.x to the lan " .x.x is
> the other side lan network , would anyone help me thx much !!! ^_^
> I am using "aggressive""blowfish""MD5""DH1"in Phase 1, and in phase 2 , i use "ESP""Blowfish"
> banny

m0n0wall will automatically add in the appropriate routing info.  If
the tunnel actually is up, it should be passing traffic no problem.
You also shouldn't need to add any firewall rules, as that's all
handled behind the scenes.

Can you ping from something on one LAN to the LAN IP of the m0n0wall
on the other side?  Don't use the ping screen in m0n0wall, as that
doesn't work with VPN connections.

If none of that works, check your firewall rules on both sides to make
sure the traffic isn't getting dropped.

-Chris