[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Monowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris vs. WRAP and other m0n0 hardware solutions...
 Date:  Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:49:22 -0400
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 01:29:59 +0200, Frederick Page
<fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de> wrote:

> I _wanted_ to get a WRAP, firstly because of the horrible greenish
> color of the Soekris, secondly because vpn1411 cryptocard works much
> better with WRAP.
>
> Still ended up with ugly greenish Soekris.

Those cases are very easy to spray paint.  :)

> It's quite simple: have you
> ever tried understanding the pcengines.ch order-form? What to order,
> which CF-adapter, etc.?
>
> They obviously do not want to sell.

Agreed!  Not to mention there isn't a single US vendor that has the
.1D in stock...  I was going to order one last night shipped from
Switzerland, then noticed they don't sell AC adapters (yeah, they're
easy enough to get a hold of, but it sure would make my life a lot
easier if I could order everything in one place like I can with
Soekris).

Still, with the price difference, I'm surprised there aren't more in
use.  WRAP .1D is $1 cheaper than a 4501, w/o AC adapter, and WRAP is
much faster.  And WRAP is $69 cheaper than a 4801, which is virtually
identical (4801 has 128 MB RAM, WRAP has 64 MB, otherwise pretty much
the same).

(all prices in USD)

I'm still going to order one to give them a try for future use in
place of 4501's, but they sure could make ordering them easier.

-Chris