[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  andyiowalist at mchsi dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Configuring multiple LAN cards (3 of them)
 Date:  Fri, 24 Sep 2004 04:55:01 +0000
I am attempting to configure m0n0wall on a custom router with multiple
NICs (3).  2 fast ethernet and one gigabit with jumbo frames activated
(9014 MTU) 1 fast ethernet is the WAN link, the other is the OPT1 link.
the gigabit link is LAN link. I am bridging LAN and OPT1

In the xml config file.  I have a shell command of "/sbin/ifconfig em0
mtu 9014" which is the proper syntax to set the Intel card to 9014 MTU.

Right off the bat, does anyone see any issues and problems with what I
am doing?  Is this even possible?
I'm trying to do this right now and I am getting very poor results.
Even my fast ethernet transfers max out at around 6MBps.
gigabit->gigabit transfers also max out to about 6MBps.

Thanks
Andy