[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Heng Wey Chuan <heng at weychuan dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Routing performance
 Date:  Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:44:59 +0800
I've just discovered m0n0wall recently, and it's way better than most of
the broadband  routers I've seen!
I was wondering if there is any place where routing performance of
various hardwares are collected? Just curious :)

My AMD K6-3 366Mhz with 128Mb RAM and 3x D-link DFE-538:
NAPT (WAN->LAN) - 49Mbps (6.125MB/s) average
Normal routing (LAN->OPT1) - 97Mbps, about full ethernet speed.

I happens to get a change to try out a dual XEON with dual Gigabit NIC
and Gigabit PCs on both ends, and I got the
following readings:
NAPT (WAN->LAN) - 89Mbps (11.125MB/s)

I was a bit suprised at the 89Mbps, and was expecting more... The PCs
can transfer about 320Mbps by themselves,
so the hdd shouldn't be the bottlenet. Interesting??

WeyChuan