[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Vittore Zen" <drzen at gamebox dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DINESH? Additional authentication idea from Vittore WAS ARE: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Fri, 24 Sep 2004 07:37:05 -0700
Manuel wrote the original code, Dinesh wrote the RADIUS patch, and is
currently writing a local user list manager extension.

Dinesh is probably best for this - he had to integrate his authentication
and accounting into Manuel's existing code - similar to you.

You can see him in the list here - just put his name in the subject line -
he reads everything even when he gets behind at work ;-) right Dinesh?

As for your idea, you might want to consider allowing IMAP or POP3. Good
idea though in my opinion. You MIGHT want to consider configure options to
specify the server and OPTIONALLY the domain. That way a company hosted by
BIGISP doesn't accidentally allow all the BIGISP's mail clients to be
authenticatable on their access point. There should also be a checkbox to
control whether the domain is sent with the login or not, and also what the
separator is.

Common formats I've seen include:

user@DOMAIN
user.DOMAIN