[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stefan Thuering <stefan dot thuering at freesurf dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] vlan switch recommendation
 Date:  Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:26:23 +0200
Thanks for the tip, but I don't get it...

In m0n0wall you can set the "802.1Q VLAN tag (between 1 and 4094)".
I can't find this tag setting in the TE100-S24WS manual.
http://my.animeweb.org/dl/vlan/te100.pdf (1mb)

The Zyxel ES-2008 seems to have the tag- & port-based option:
http://my.animeweb.org/dl/vlan/es-2008.png

I have a surecom 24port switch (no tag option) and couldn't get the vlan
to work with m0n0... http://my.animeweb.org/dl/vlan/console1.png

Could someone please help me with the port-based vs. tag-based thing?
As far as I know port-based is only for subnets on the switch itself.
Or can my surecom be used (if yes should it work with a wrap board)?