[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Travis Dixon <travisd at tubas dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Using m0n0wall on a Nokia IP110
 Date:  Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:02:06 -0400 (EDT)
Slightly.

The IP330 had weirdness in the NIC configs - mainly they all defaulted to
a MAC address of ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff. To fix this what I did was write the image
to a drive (a smaller one than the 8GB one that came with it BTW) and then boot
it on another PC with a couple of fxp (intel) nics and get the initial NIC config
done. THen I rebooted into FreeBSD on the same box and mounted the m0n0wall drive
onto the freebsd box. Once mounted I edited config.xml and added a statement to
each NIC of <spoofmac> (make up a MAC address here) </spoofmac>.  As long as the
made up MAC address is unique on your LAN you're OK.

Once this was written out I put the drive back in the IP330 and proceeded as normal.

-travis