[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Timeout options for captive portal
 Date:  Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:24:58 -0400 (EDT)
Hello again,

If I set the idle timeout to "none" and the force timeout to the seconds
equivelent of 4 months, does that mean that if someone authenticates on
September 1st, even if they reboot their computer, they wont be asked to
authenticate again until January 1st?  This is a solution I'm currently
looking for, but I'm afraid that if they reboot and pull a new lease, it
will reset their authentication.  Or do they keep the same IP address as
long for as long as the "static" time out is?

I appreciate in advance any help on this.

Thanks,

Matt