[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Axel Eble <axel dot eble at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to ?
 Date:  Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:00:22 +0200
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:16:11 +0500, sai <list at ebs dot net dot pk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running m0n0 generic-PC version and its great. I now want to add
> some more functionality. First thing that comes to mind is web cacheing
> with Squid. I have started by making simple changes to the m0n0 image
> and uploading them back. However I don't really know how to proceed.

There's an FAQ about this. Read the doc wiki at http://wiki.m0n0.ch/

However, apart from the hard disk requirement other people mentioned
I'd like to point out that a firewall is a firewall is a firewall is a
firewall. Web caching is not something a firewall should do in my
book.

>  I am new to freeBSD and so would appreciate some pointers.
>
> sai

	Axel

--

VoIP: 8002887 at sipgate dot de * cell: +49.178.285-3265