[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Axel Eble <axel dot eble at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to ?
 Date:  Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:01:06 +0200
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:27:37 +0500, sai <list at ebs dot net dot pk> wrote:
[...]
> The purist in me agrees with you. Certainly I would draw the line and
> would certainly not want, say, a mail server, on my firewall. However I
> would suspect that web caching does not present the sort of security
> problems that other servers might bring up. With the sort of power even
> low end processors have now, it makes some sense to do this.

I can see the point for embedded central routing devices. However,
m0n0 is a firewall with an extremely small footprint. As you know, the
fewer stuff installed, the less likely an exploit.

OTOH, I have no idea where Manuel is heading with m0n0wall :-)

> sai

	Axel

--

VoIP: 8002887 at sipgate dot de * cell: +49.178.285-3265