[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal & DHCP
 Date:  Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:56:36 -0400

What we're trying to accomplish is a way that our clients can turn on
their computer once, authenticate, and not have to authenticate again
for another month.  I assumed that if we make the idle timeout 24 hours
(in case they "leave" as a possible client), the hard timeout
60*60*24*31 seconds (1 month), and the DHCP lease time 60*60*24*31
seconds, then they'll keep the same IP address even if they reboot their
computer and wont have to reauthenticate......

Will that work?

-Matt