[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Monowall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  1.2b1 observations
 Date:  Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:41:30 -0400
Couple of observations after using this for the last 9 hours.

1.  WebGUI appears to be a lot more sluggish on all pages than it was
in previous versions.  (Soekris 4501 hardware).
2.  I seem to be having issues with IPsec SA's that cause one of my
VPN's to go down.  The remote VPN endpoint is a Cisco PIX firewall.  I
ran into this same problem on 1.0 and 1.1, but only a couple times in
about 5 months.  It's happened 3 times in the last 9 hours.

What happens is the connection goes down, I check the SAD under
diagnostics, and I have a duplicate of src IP PIX, dst IP m0n0wall
public IP.  If I delete all the SAD's for the connection, it comes
back up.  Nothing has changed on the PIX.  If I can provide any more
details that would be helpful, please let me know.

-Chris