[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b1 observations
 Date:  Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:38:51 +0200
On 25.09.2004 21:41 -0400, Chris Buechler wrote:

> 1.  WebGUI appears to be a lot more sluggish on all pages than it
> was in previous versions.  (Soekris 4501 hardware).

Interesting... I can't tell any difference on my net4501 and
net4511s. There's now a 1 second delay on index.php because of the
CPU usage meter, but other than HZ being set to 1000, I can't think
of anything that has changed and could affect the webGUI speed.

> 2.  I seem to be having issues with IPsec SA's that cause one of my
> VPN's to go down.  The remote VPN endpoint is a Cisco PIX firewall.
> I ran into this same problem on 1.0 and 1.1, but only a couple
> times in about 5 months.  It's happened 3 times in the last 9 hours.

That's most likely related to the IPsec new SA preferral patches.
Maybe Fred Wright would be able to figure out what the problem is,
given some input (logs etc.).

- Manuel