[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris vs. WRAP and other m0n0 hardware solutions...
 Date:  Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:23:30 +0200
Hallo Joe,

Joe Lagreca schrieb am 24. September 2004:

>pcengines.ch has a very confusing website, which also makes me
>hesitant to buy from them.

That's exactly the reason, why I (and a couple of friends) bought the
Soekris. The other reason was that Soekris has power-supplies.

I'd still prefer the WRAP, since the vpn1411 crypto-cards don't seem
to work with the Soekris machines :-/ there was an in-depth review on
this mailing-list about crypto-cards. Unfortunately it's not known,
whether it's a flaw in the hardware or a FreeBSD issue.

>Now I can somewhat see why people lean towards Soekris, although I
>still think their prices are outrageous.

They just make a better website and have power-supplies. And finally
have listened to their customers: from October they offer the case in
black (nobody wanted the ugly greenish color).

Kind regards   Frederick