[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian Watters" <brwatters at abs dash internet dot com>
 To:  "'Matt Juszczak'" <matt at atopia dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Preferred Hardware list for m0n0wall ..
 Date:  Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:52:34 -0700
Matt,

Thanks for the feedback .. We have lots of 2450 2550 and 2650 Dells as well
however for the firewalls it would be major over kill to commit a dual cpu
box to the effort .. We use P4 1U boxes for our firewalls .. The problem is
that they only have one PCI slot and one onboard ETH .. So in order to use a
public / private and Wireless we need one more port ..

Thus my reason for asking the list what ideas they would have for this type
of environment, I would like to learn what types of Wireless PCI cards are
being used with the ISO version of m0n0wall (i.e. non Soekris type
hardware). What type if any USB v2.0 Ethernet devices work ??

Brian