[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Richard Parvass <richard dot parvass at aaland dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Max VPN tunnels + throughput?
 Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:40:40 -0400
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:45:01 +0100, Richard Parvass
<richard dot parvass at aaland dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what the maximum number of configured VPN tunnels is,
> and the maximum number of concurrent tunnels?

You'll likely run out of bandwidth before you'll get more tunnels than
you can handle.  On a WRAP, you might run out of RAM after a while,
but you can likely run dozens of tunnels.  It depends too much on the
specific implementation for us to be able to tell you "X is the
maximum".

> Does anyone have any VPN throughput measurements for various encryptions
> using a WRAP board?
>
> Using a WRAP board, can I reasonably expect to use AES at the maximum
> link throughput of 256kbs?

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=62&actionargs[]=57

-Chris