[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Gordon Day <gordon at deepcovelabs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Simple NAT configuration fails
 Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:24:23 -0700
Like a number of others on the mailing list, I've found that a very
simple NAT configuration does not work with m0n0 wall. My setup is simply:

any.host.com   -->  m0n0 (WAN IP a.b.c.d, port 25)

m0n0 inbound NAT a.b.c.d, port 25 -->  internal server (LAN IP 10.0.0.8,
port 25)

I created the NAT configuration and allowed m0n0 to create the firewall
rule automatically but no joy.  I've tried creating the rules by hand
but this has the same result.  If I examine the firewall log page it
shows the incoming connections to the firewall, but the traffic never
reaches the internal mail server (I've attached a snapshot of the log).
The only odd thing I've noticed is that there are two log entries for
each connection attempt, one on the WAN i/f  and one on the LAN i/f but
they look identical,which isn't what I would expect.

My m0n0wall version is 1.1.  Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Gordon Day.