[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal & Bridged Interface
 Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:37:43 -0600
Question... Is it possible to use the captive portal feature with a
bridged interface?

The goal would be for clients on one side of the bridge to be required
to authenticate against the portal before being able to talk to
anything, but once they authenticate, they should have full access
(firewall rule permitting, of course)

Right now I'm running LAN and OPT1 on different subnets and using
m0n0wall to route between them, and it works well, but I'm encountering
a few problems keeping everything on separate subnets, it would make
life easier if I could get everything into the same subnet, if that were
possible.

--
To the book depository!
 -- Homer