[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  "'James W. McKeand'" <james at mckeand dot biz>, "'Jeremy'" <Mr dot Jeremy at verizon dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] DHCP on opt1
 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:10:10 -0400
Once again, the WEP issue appears, this IS an issue that needs to be
addressed. To state the problem simply once again, turning WEP on negates
the ability to receive an IP from DHCP. I have tried for months now to put
this issue on the table but its been sporadic in user complaints. I think by
now, many users have seen this problem and if I had the ability to dig into
the image, I would do so gladly but I'm no BSD guru. I use a Soekris 4511 at
home and am planning on deploying several hotspots in my town soon. I would
like to see some work on this problem and I would be happy to do any testing
on my home unit if someone can tell me where to start.

Dave