[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  David Kitchens <spider at webweaver dot com>
 Cc:  "'James W. McKeand'" <james at mckeand dot biz>, 'Jeremy' <Mr dot Jeremy at verizon dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP on opt1
 Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:44:37 -0600
David Kitchens wrote:

> Once again, the WEP issue appears, this IS an issue that needs to be
> addressed. To state the problem simply once again, turning WEP on
> negates the ability to receive an IP from DHCP. I have tried for
> months now to put this issue on the table but its been sporadic in
> user complaints. I think by now, many users have seen this problem and
> if I had the ability to dig into the image, I would do so gladly but
> I'm no BSD guru. I use a Soekris 4511 at home and am planning on
> deploying several hotspots in my town soon. I would like to see some
> work on this problem and I would be happy to do any testing on my home
> unit if someone can tell me where to start.

I realize this won't help you at all, but I haven't had any problems
with people receiving IPs over a WEP-enabled wireless network either via
m0n0wall's DHCP server, or my own (I've used both, depending on the
situation)

I suspect it's something specific to your configuration and not a
generic WEP+DHCP issue.

--
'Tis far better to have snipped too much than to never have snipped at all.