[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Benedikt Thelen <benedikt dot thelen at pixelized dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problems with firewall
 Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:37:58 +0200
Hi, i'm new to this forum and I have a question.
I tryed m0n0wall instead of my existing Linux (iptables) firewall and i
encountered a problem. If i don't enable the NAT, users from the
internet can't access my homepage on the server behind the firewall. I
created the rules to enter port 80 from the internet and on the m0n0wall
log i see the request to the http server pass. I also see on the server
that the request reaches the server but the person on the internet who
is visiting my page get's an error: Coldn't display page. So I also
tryed to create another rule for the outgoing packets but it still
wouldn't work. The only way to resolve the problem is to enable NAT
(then it work's fine). My question is: Is there any possibilty to use
monowall without NAT??

Thanks
Benedikt Thelen
Via Ospedale 7