[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vittore Zen <drzen at gamebox dot net>
 To:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:44:31 +0200
In data 25/09/04 9.10 Dinesh Nair ha scritto:

> On 25/09/2004 02:34 Mitch (WebCob) said the following:
>
>> Sounds good - imap to pop I think is just a matter of the parameters
>> to the
>> login - assuming that library is in mono - if not, we'd need to use a
>> raw
>> socket.
>>
>> Is that what your code does?
>

> it'd probably be a raw socket. the RADIUS implementation sends udp
> packets (via raw sockets) back and forth between m0n0 and the RADIUS
> server.
>
> if IMAP/POP authentication were to be integrated in, you'd need to
> have the routines check for auth using the desired protocol and then
> return success/failure to m0n0. see radius_authentication.inc and
> radius_accounting.inc as well as index.php in /usr/local/captiveportal.

IMAP/POP3 are more simple: the connection is a plain TCP (socket like)
connection. I 'm thinking to use raw socket so no additional modules is
needed.
Dinesh: the m0n0wall RADIUS auth is write in only PHP? If yes: I just
have the code to POP3 and IMAP authentication. The next step is
integrated in m0n0wall.
But.... this week I have some little (?) work....

bye
v.