[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denis Mirassou <mirassou at cict dot fr>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  How to go up with a final M0n0Wall user (IP/MAC address) in case of trouble (network attack)?
 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:34:05 +0200
Hi,

Im am testing M0n0Wall for captive portal feature primarily.
The objective is to set up hot spots for our students staff.

For security purpose, we want to be able to go up with a customer in
case of trouble.
For example, a sysadmin tells us someone xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (from us) hacks
his server on Sept 25 02:57:56.

How can i go up with one of our wifi users considering that oubound
requests are send with M0n0Wall WAN IP address ?

I would want to get the user IP Address.

Thanks,

Denis
--
Denis Mirassou

Centre Interuniversitaire de Calcul de Toulouse (C.I.C.T)