[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  "'mirassou at cict dot fr'" <mirassou at cict dot fr>, "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to go up with a final M0n0Wall user (IP/MAC ad dress) in case of trouble (network attack)?
 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:49:29 +0100
Denis,

If you turn on 'Advanced outbound NAT' then all traffic is routed, unless a
specific NAT rule is in place for the source network of the traffic.

For portal clients to be able to access the Internet, the portal network
would require a subnet of public IP addreses appropriately routed to the WAN
interface of the m0n0wall firewall.

Are you planning to use DHCP logging to then indentify the portal client
that the IP address was allocated to at the time of the reported event?

JET PRESS LIMITED
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HW
UK

Web:	www.jetpress.com
Tel:	+44-1623-551 800
Fax: 	+44-1623-551 175

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential.  The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JET PRESS LIMITED.