[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  minicron (was Re: Odd problem with Vonage)
 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:10:15 -0500

------8<------8<------8<------

>> However, after rebooting the m0n0walls, SIP works once again. That's
>> exactly why I advocate a cron on m0n0wall so as to control exactly
>> *when* a new external IP address is received. That way one could
>> ensure that the VoIP stuff  could be reset at the same time and
>> everything should work fine.

------8<------8<------8<------

According to
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=53&actionargs[]=07
  m0n0wall has had basic cron functionality since version 1.1b7. Manuel
Kasper wrote:

     - PHP is invoked every minute (by means of a simple
     "minicron" program that I wrote in a jiffy) to
     check for expired clients. It deletes any that were
     found (ipfw rules are removed and the database
     entry is deleted).

Has anyone examined minicron and attempted to extend it's features?